Videos with lots of YouTube views seem to get more respect and carry more authority. The trick is getting them in the first place. But recently it has become, well…less tricky. If you’re doing video and haven’t been using this newer technique, you might be missing out on a surprisingly effective way to boost your rankings or those of your customers. In short, online video advertising has come of age and you can get an enormous bang for the buck right here, right now. It just takes some sorting out of the numbers and rules and just as important, understanding how YouTube sees them. But once you do, you’ll see some new and pretty amazing possibilities. So watch now…and judge for yourself.

    22 replies to "How to Get All The Views You Want Now"

    • Donna White

      I am enjoying your work.

      • Steven Washer

        Thank you, Donna!

    • Lucien

      Hi Steve

      I have always been skeptical of youtube ads because, like you, I always click away as soon as allowed. Your numbers have caused me to reconsider.

      When you say youtube did the targeting for you what was used to identify the target audience and did you have any input?

      Did you make the ad version of of the video public?

      You said that on paper you owed google $90 but you only paid $20. Did you have to commit to $90 to get started and then shut the ad down after 2 days? Not sure how that works.

      Thanks for everything you do!

      • Steven Washer

        Hi Lucien! I did not have to commit $90. That was just on paper to show how much I would have owed IF I had a bigger budget.

    • Bud Stolker

      Wow — Real food for thought. I’ll look into this.
      Thanks, Steve. You inspire me.

      • Steven Washer

        Have fun with it, Bud!

    • Beverly Kune

      Hi Steve! What a timely message for me as I’m in the process of creating a series of videos for posting.Lot of possibilities lighting up my mind!

      I do have a question … is there an app for the clickable overlays you use in your video? I’ve been trying to figure out how to do something similar, but have been unsuccessful.

      Thanks!

      • Steven Washer

        Hi Beverly. All those overlays are applied inside YouTube. It has to be that way because they have to work on mobile. Hope that helps!

    • Michelle Twohig

      On mobile…couldn’t find intro template referred to “above” (or below). Would love to see it. Desktop only? Thanks!

      • Steven Washer

        Odd. It’s built for mobile, so it should be showing. It’s also here: https://youtu.be/-oo8bJNXkIY

        • Michelle Twohig

          Thanks. Very helpful to see. I would’ve watched it all the way through and I think that’s because of the very first graphic you flick off the screen which is reading your viewer’s mind! Nicely done!

    • MIke

      Great info Steve, great to have you back! Question: I’m unclear on your 2 video idea. I get the one for the blog but I don’t understand what you mean by acknowledging in the beginning of the second one that it is an ad. How do you do that? Can you post your “AD” video for us to see?

      • Steven Washer

        That idea is “Lagniappe”. You can use it or not. I didn’t feel the need to, and it doesn’t seem to have mattered much. I may use it in the future, depending on the video, but it wasn’t necessary with this one.

        • Lucien

          “Lagniappe”. Had to look that one up. 😉

          • Steven Washer

            I guess my old New Orleans days were jumping out of me. 🙂

        • MIke

          I had to look that up…haha thanks I’ve been doing it sometimes and didn’t even know. (-:

    • Prema

      Hi Steve!

      How do Facebook Ads compare to YouTube Ads?

      • Steven Washer

        With Facebook ads you pay for every view. YouTube is OK with letting them run free.
        As to results like likes and clicks, that’s still up to the creative.
        But I give the nod to YouTube if you can make videos.

    • nancy dadami

      Steve, I had no idea youtube did ads…..I just took a class on facebook ads and it is amazing that business is moving this way. I agree with you, if I am going to put in the same amount of work why not get a lot more people to see my videos? I have to check youtube out.
      Thanks
      Nancy

    • Sheryl

      Sounds like a great idea to me, Steve. Can you explain a bit more what you meant when you said YouTube did about 95% of the targeting? Assuming you did the other 5%—what did that look like? Thanks.

      • Steven Washer

        I did some geo targeting and demographics. They did all the rest. Which was quite a lot.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.